Friday, 27 January 2012

That was a bad idea

So, I just settled down with a pizza and a copy of Harry Potter 8 (The Deathly Hallows: Part 2). Why did I do that? I love the film, but I promised myself I'd do some writing and revision tonight! *Pouts*. Now I'm going to be stuck writing really bad fanfiction. You have been warned: this takes canon and stomps on it (I can't find the book in the mound of literature in the spare room and I'm taking liberties from even the film, so...).

~~~

I glanced down, a sick feeling slithering in the pit of my stomach as I watched the scene below. The door creaked behind me as someone entered the room, but I didn't turn, instead keeping my gaze on the strict formation of robed students entering the castle below. Footsteps sounded behind me, getting closer until a bony hand grabbed my shoulder.

"Up here again?" he asked in disapproval, his incessant monotone grating my ears. Snape. I turned slowly.

"I could have done it," I said, cringing a little at the whiny sound of my voice. He just stared blankly at me. I had no idea what he thought. He never scoffed when I said it, but never acknowledged that I could. In his position I wouldn't have either; I think we both knew I didn't have it in me. I turned back to the window, to the rain and the grey skies overhead. I hated it. I'd been raised to accept this, but I just couldn't. I guessed I was a disappointment all around.

Snape sighed behind me and left. I followed, playing my part.

* * *

We went down to the Great Hall, and I had to look away as I entered. Bloody body strewn across tortured soul all over the floor and him pacing up and down with that snake. Maybe if I was lucky it would look like acquiescence. I could almost feel my own terror rolling of me in waves, but he didn't notice, hissing at Nagini in his own urgent tone. I didn't know Parsel-tongue, but I didn't need to. I knew about the horcruxes - not that he knew I did - and I knew Potter was after them. I guessed he'd found one. I allowed myself a dangerous little smirk, good luck to him.

My mother stared at him, transfixed in her fear as he walked. My father looked away. Finally he apparated away. Leaving us with the mess. Wasn't this type of thing for house elves? What he think we were...? Oh. His house elves.

I was distracted by a noise from the floor as a glistening silver sword faded from the clutches of a goblin. Godrick Gryffindor's sword if I was right. I suppressed a snort. Stolen from Aunt Bellatrix's vault. It was really quite fitting.

I left, sickened, and turned towards the Slytherin common rooms. I kept my gaze in front of me and my pace as steady as I could, pushing down the bile forcing its way up from my stomach. But even in my state, I heard the murmurs around me. Potter, Granger and Weasley? Spotted in Hogsmead? That was suicide, even for them.

I stumbled my way through the doors and fell onto my bed, where I passed out...

* * *

I awoke to a rough shaking and a wand in my face as Snape woke me up with a hushed "he's on the grounds". I frowned and nodded, getting up and moving to the door. I guessed this was the end. It ended with Potter and... V... Voldemort.

~~~

*Sigh*. Should I continue? If I do they'll be more action, I promise :)

See y'all next time,
Schy.

No comments:

Post a Comment