Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Technical Problems

*Sigh*. JustAGirlHere and myself have noticed a few technical problems recently, meaning that our posts have been randomly disappearing. I'm hoping that this will be sorted soon but... anyway, I have quite a bit of revision I need to do, but I should be back sometime next week. In the meantime, I thought I'd leave any bored people a few things to check out.

It seems to be the done thing for people to do top tens at this time of year so here's mine, with a twist.

Ten things:
1) Yoann Lemoine. A French musician who uses the stage name of Woodkid. If his name sounds familiar, then he's directed several music videos and his first single, Iron, was featured in the trailer for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. His music is awesome, so if you need something to listen to then give this a shot.

2) A film...a film.. Too many good films came out this year. X-men, Captain America, In Time... Gah. I'm just going to go with the obvious. Midnight in Paris. A film that - in England at least - didn't exactly get a lot of publicity yet was fantastic. A writer and his fiancee go to Paris and the writer, whose dream is to live in 1920's Paris, is thrilled. A lot more happens, but I don't want to give anything away, a really well thought-out film that definitely didn't get the attention it deserves.

3)The games category is another one, but as I glance up and notice a distinctly French theme, I'm going to take the French game ;) Assassins Creed: Revelations, which I mentioned in point one. I've always loved the AC franchise, yet AC:R was amazing, if a little short. Ezio finds himself in Constantinople, Altair finds himself outcast and still fighting and Desmond ends up in a bad puzzle mini-game. Sounds bad perhaps, but the story and set-pieces are great and are outstanding coupled with the graphics and voice-acting. More engaging than Skyrim, more interesting than Uncharted 3 and more intelligent than CoD, AC:R really is a breathtaking game.

4) Places... Paris! No. I joke, I don't travel enough for a places category and I don't actually particularly like Paris - the food is nice though. Books. I particularly liked Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm going to review it in full later though, so this is all I'm saying.

5) *Sigh*. What now? Oh yes! How did I forget!? Blogs. Not this one. "No, I would not like some tea" is another blog written by an aspiring English writer and she posts every fortnight on anything that interests her. It's at noiwouldnotlikesometea.blogspot.com if you wanted to take a look.

6) The esc... No, Gaiaonline has got to be my website of the year. Despite not being a writing site, I get some amazing crits there and probably would have stopped long ago without that community.

7) Brownies. I like to cook and the recipe I nabbed off JustAGirlHere back in...January 2010 never fails to be amazing.

8) Bolt. It's evil and it will kill me, but despite my efforts I cannot stop drinking it.

9) Shed is one of the many card games I'm playing during my frees right now and I love it. It's a great way to pass time with friends.

10) Ask Rhod Gilbert has been my favourite tv programme this year. Funny and ridiculous, it's awesome.

Well. That's me, and I need to go find some new adjectives. See ya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment