Saturday, 21 January 2012

Hollywood, what on earth are you doing?

Today, I thought I'd do my regular-ish check of what's happening in the world of film and I have something to say: "what the fuck?"

Contrary to what you may think, I don't swear often. Swearing is reserved for the times in which a) I'm angry and/or b) there are no other words to describe _(insert subject)_ and/or c) I'm writing from the PoV of a character who needs to wash their mouth out with soap. Right now is an "a and b" moment.

Point one: Resident Evil: Retribution
I adore the RE franchise. Always there when I need a good film full of seemingly mindless (yet secretly quite intelligent) zombie killing, and I've been looking forward to RE:R ever since I found out about it last year. The trailer came out recently. I am not a happy bunny. The first half is a big marketing ploy by Sony and the second half is full of really uninspired movie shots. The only good thing in the trailer is the music in the background of the last half...which was lifted from the Tron OST.

Point two: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
I'm not angry because there's another one of these films coming out, I'm angry because they're killing the cast off. I'm aware that I'm in the minority of people who enjoyed G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra, but this doesn't mean they should kill off the cast of the last film in this film. Killing off the last cast won't gain you any more fans. The people who hated G.I Joe: RoC aren't going to see this one and this move will just infuriate fans who DID like it. Bad move, people!

Point three: Young Adult
This just makes my blood boil. It really does. It's about...argh! Can't even talk about it without wanting to hit something. Deep breaths... Okay, let's go. It's about a young adult wri... Not again. *Watches something funny on YouTube and then comes back*. Right. Needy, immature woman goes back to hometown to try and hook up with her married ex-boyfriend. She also happens to be a...*cough* young adult writer. Haven't seen it -it's not out here yet - but probably will...armed with tomatoes to throw at the screen.

Okay. Got all of that off my chest and the last part of my "Why I _(blank)_ Sebastian Verlac" thing will be coming soon.

See y'all in about half an hour then,
Schy.

No comments:

Post a Comment