Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Like a helium ballon

Am I upset? Yes. But I'm not one to angst, so I'm going to get back up and forget (after a pretty angsty text to someone who said they'd stick up for me, yeah right they did) . So, let's have a chat about something other than my plummeting social life shall we? Oh look! SSX is back!

I hate sport. Let me get that out there. I live in England, where for 10 years of public school education I was forced outside in the freezing cold, wearing only some shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt, to play netball or something else created to put down the vertically challenged like myself. In fact, let me correct myself, I loathe sport.

Consoles are a different matter. I'm a gamer. I game and I'm alright at it. SSX was practically one of the staples of my childhood. Especially SSX Tricky. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that my household spent as much time playing SSX as they did playing that massive child-killing entity called World of Warcraft...maybe. Moving swiftly on from that...thing, my point it that I love SSX, so I was squealing when they announced that they were bringing it to the PS3.

The trailer's out.

I'll admit, I'm half disappointed that they've seemingly just remixed Tricky and improved the graphics, but the other half of me could burst in happiness. The graphics are amazing, the returning characters are making me incredibly nostalgic and the tricks are jaw-dropping (if physically impossible). I'm not one for feeding cash cows, but to say EA are milking the game dry would be wrong, no, blasphemous. From this brief look and the amount of time I've been waiting for this I'd say the developers have put a lot of love and hard-work into this (which is something, these days).

I now have the theme stuck in my head... T-t-t-tricky!

7 comments:

  1. I Have SSX 3 on PS2... What's so great about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just died. Admittedly SSX3 wasn't as good as Tricky and On Tour downright sucked, but SSX has got to be one of the most underrated series ever. Go rent Tricky! I would, but I don't have a PS2 any more and PS2 games don't work on PS3s :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'I think I just died' excitement or something literal :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It'll probably be really cheap by now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um.. Excitement and horror. Ssx3 wasn't THAT bad.

    ReplyDelete