Monday, 10 October 2011

What I do is who I am

As you probably know (or if you didn't, you do now) I'm a writer. Points to you if the words "are you published?" didn't go through your head - I said writer, not author. So as many writers get ready for the leviathan that is NaNoWriMo, I sit back and relax while... WAIT! It's October!? But Textnovel starts next month! That means... I've only got 21 more days to prepare! NOOO!

That's right. I'm not doing NaNo (mostly because I'm too lazy to do 50k in a month) and I'm instead participating in Textnovel. It's like NaNo but you get more time and there's the chance of a publishing deal at the end of it (not that I have any chance, but a girl can dream can't she?). Hence the name of my blog. 10 months, fifty-thousand words. That's 5k a month, which is definitely a reasonable target.

I should probably tell you what I'm doing...

This is my blog. Despite the name, it's not just for TN, I plan on writing mostly about my writing but I'll also post about random stuff too. So in summary, my blog will probably include:

  • TN updates
  • Story excerpts (probably mine, but if I can find a few people who would be so nice as to guest-write that would be lovely too)
  • Film reviews
  • Random links
  • Random rants

Ah, I do so hate goodbyes. How to end this post? Well... Gah. Why am I watching The Hotel Inspector?

No comments:

Post a Comment